The Federative Action of OBSPM on « ALMA-NOEMA-Herschel » is offering (limited) financial support for participation in schools, workshops, etc, in 2015 directly linked with the training in and exploitation of these powerful submm instruments, or with enhancing the visibility of the OBSPM expertise in this area.
IMPORTANT CHANGE SINCE 2014: Please note that all people intending to ask for funding through the open Blanc call of the Conseil Scientifique of OBSPM (deadline 27th February) on themes related to our AF are requested by Guy Perrin to apply first to the present Call of the AF. The coordinators will send a scientific evaluation that must be attached to the CS proposal before its final submission.
The applications for AF funding or evaluation must be sent before monday February 16th, 2015, to Raphael.Moreno@obspm.fr and Sylvie.Cabrit@obspm.fr.
Examples eligible for funding include:
– ALMA/Herschel Archival Workshop, ESO-Garching, Apr 15-17
– ARC-IRAM 1-day training on cycle 3
– IRAM 30m Summerschool, Granada, Spain, Sept. 11-18
– collaborative visits on ALMA-NOEMA-Herschel projects or presentations as PI
Support will be in particular for young researchers (students, postdocs) or senior researchers wishing to train to the submm range in order to exploit the revolutionary capabilities of these 3 observatories, and their synergy with optical/infrared/UV-Xray domains.
The applications for funding should not exceed 1 page and include:
– Name, Laboratory, status (student, postdoc, permanent), and supervisor if any
– Place, date, and title of even
– for schools, workshops, etc: short description of motivation (and supervisor approval for students)
– Precise justification of funding asked (eg registration fee, transport, or lodging)
– Indication of alternative/complementary funding
Results will be communicated to the applicants by February 20th, 2015; In the case of projects that will be submitted to the « Programme Blanc of CS of Obs. Paris », a scientific evaluation by the coordinateurs of this AF will be sent as well.
Thank you for circulating this announcement to other OBSPM researchers that you think may be interested. And please consider registering to the mailing list of this Action Federatrice, where our other activities (local workshops and training, seminars) will be announced.